Life in squared pixels

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Training Log : Just another interval training but it was a killer

It is just another interval training but this was a tough one. After months of training or rather 1 year of committed long distance training, I'm so used to hearing crazy workout of 10X400m. 10 times is the minimum I can get. So what's the big deal doing another set of the similar training!

I confess I wasn't taking good care of my body recently, into a hobby craze of making ice cream (don't need to emphasize what I do with it after churning) and I wasn't that dilligent in doing my massaging because I was just too busy (lazy).

All in all, this force me to my limit during this training. I couldn't possibily tell my coach all the nonsense I'm involved in so it was a mental torture for me to just completed the given workout.

Felt the fatique of my body during my warm up and was hoping for a lighter workout. "Then what's training for?" (That's what I will say if I'm the coach). I could feel the heaviness of my leg with each stride I took and seem like my body gonna break apart.

Interval was the true nightmare. Targeted time: below 1min 50sec. Game plan: Just follow whoever is in front of me Feeling: Terrified.

Managed to complete the first 5 interval at 1min 47sec, but every set was a torture with my obvious facial expression (Super ugly!) and was mentally tired. My brain was luring me to throw the towel and call it a day. With the mental struggle, I took a rest; skipping the sixth set but the guilt of not completing started to crawl in. Set myself up, took the courage and continued with the remaining 5 sets.

Every set was a torture but I'm glad I overcome it. Completed within the expected time except for one. That was the happiest moment of training for that day.

Physical training is not about the body but also the involvement of mental. That's what I like about it (No! not exactly, love because it mold me to be a more disciplined person). When our body is weak, our mind comes into play as a most important organ to keep you driving forward.

Regret the choice of being lazy... but..
Some choices we made may not be the most sensible ones but the boldness of facing the consequences is admirable. I'm glad I chose to face it. Jesus was the source of my strength to finish the training. Thank God.

This remind me of a chapter in the bible (Matthew 4). When Jesus was weak and hungry after 40days of fasting, He was tempted to turn stones into bread. Being a human, he felt the total weakness of a human being; as God he could choose to relieve Himself from the hunger but He chose to be obedience.

Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God
                                                                                                                       - Matthew 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...