Life in squared pixels

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Training Log : 2.4km time trial

2.4km time trial, sound so unfamiliar to me. I guess I had my previous 2.4km time trial in my secondary day and the last time I did a timed 2.4km was the NAFA test during my last year of polytechnic. After committing to a serious training for a year, today is the day to put it to a test. Dislike trial because it is just unnecessary stress. Rushed to training after work, did my warm up but doesn't feel good. Kept talking positive to myself. Did a quick stretch because all my juniors had done their warm up. Target: 12minutes Judging from my interval training, I'm doing around 1:53 per round, this target is reasonable. Time starts, everyone breath hard as they drive each step. First lap was terrible, did too fast, 1:48min. Lactic acid started to build up and my mouth began to dry up. Switch off by then, just focusing on putting a leg forward at each time. Maintained 1:55 for the 2nd and 3rd lap. Unfortunately, I got tired and started going slower. Timer keep beeping(1:55 interval) at 350m. Which means I'm 50m slower than target. Last lap was a torture I would say. Mental is weak. Honestly, I was on the verge of giving up. "last lap, I can't just waste my effort!" Last 50m I gave my last shot, crossing the finishing line with the timing of 11:50. Well done Madeline, I hit my target. Was a good fight, especially the senior boys! They showed me what is running with boldness, doing a sub 8 for their 2.4km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...