Life in squared pixels

Sunday, April 14, 2013

100days Challenge - Gives Thank - Day 11,12,13

Spend my weekend resting physcially and mentally. Having cell on friday evening, fellowship on saturday night and spending sabbath in the house of the Lord were refreshing to my spirit.

Initially I wasn't sure why I plan to have this 100days challenge to give thanks when I really can't find anything to thank God for. But God has reassured me that this is what He wants me to do. Remembered in Day 1, I was blogging that I am unsure if I will be happy after doing this challenge? but I guess God trying to tell me that, "Giving thanks is an essential to find joy". I don't really understand it now but I'm excited to find out.

in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you - 1 Thessalonians 5:18

God reminded me that, in days that I really can't find thing to thank Him for, at least (yet most important) I have to thank Him for my salvation. Relentless love was discussed during friday cell and He reminds me how faithful He is to love me even I doubted Him and all His plans. So guilty~ -_-

God is always right and hits the jackpot of my heart when He speaks!

Followed by sunday sermon about the showbread in the holy of holies, I feel that God knocks my head, figuratively, telling me that He provides my daily bread (FRESH BREAD).

And in the process of making this bread, the flour is being sieved 7 times in order to make the finest bread. Am I not making you the finest lady of God?! Another knock! *Ouch! God*

Before the final product of bread is served, it has to go through a baking process with the right heat. Trials are just the heating process to mould you! I feel like just rolling my eyes on God. But I can't admit lesser that through all these unhappiness, I truly know that God loves me alot. And I can't do anything to deny it.

Convicted to attend a bible study after service on the topic on long-suffering, because I truly want to know what God has to say and He got to agree with my self-pity. Yet God closes the session with this message:

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 
- James 1: 2-4
I guess I need not say anything further why I started this 100days challenges. God ask me to count these as all joy to give thanks to.
God,you have just won the match on the boxing ring with me. Speakless yet at the same time, I thank God for these words of encouragement when I think I no longer can handle anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...